On the slippery slope

To: robc@cisco.com;, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: On the slippery slope
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:42:22 -0500
"instead of a couple of years"
HA! - pretty optimistic there!! I will NEVER do this again. I don't mind
the work, but it's way way way more than you could ever imagine, both in
cost and time. You get used to the cost after a while, but not being able
to drive it is near unbearable.
Here's what will happen, if you're like me: you'll ignore my sage advice,
convincing yourself "do it right, or not at all!". You'll be hunting down
the best place to sandblast your bare frame while compiling your next order
for Prothane suspension bits and stainless steel heater pipes. New pistons
- why not? A bit of extra power while I'm in here anyway! Yahoo this is
fun! And the years will pass by until you can't stand it anymore.
I'm telling you! I started really wanting to re-do my 69 P1800S in 1994,
and look where I am. Once I realized how long it would take, I went and
bought a 68 Mk. 3 Spit - no kidding! As you know, I don't have it anymore,
so now I REALLY want a mid-50s Royal Enfield, just so I can enjoy driving
on a sunny day.
After this, it will be nothing but a rolling resto. for me!
DON'T DO IT!
(How was that?)
Jim