Re: Humble reply to Her Majesty - (non LBC, rant, long - hopefully obje

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Humble reply to Her Majesty - (non LBC, rant, long - hopefully objective)
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:49:17 -0800
John,

My comments about the French were meant in jest in reply to the "Humble
reply to Her Majesty", by author unknown, which most certainly was meant in
jest (at least I should hope so!).

While my general experience with the French in Eleuthera was less than
impressive, we certainly met a few that were far and away some of the nicest
people we encountered the entire week that we were there.  Two or three were
genuinely friendly and we had a great time talking about our mutual disdain
for the British.

JUST KIDDING, John!!  Good Lord!

I would never condemn any particular race, creed, religion or nationality.
I'm sorry if anyone was truly offended by my remarks, as apparently you
were.  And for the record, I think we "Yanks" have come under quite a bit of
criticism on this list as of late, so yes, I know full well how the boot
feels on the other foot.

By the way, I think I received two e-mails from folks that didn't understand
my comments were intended in a joking manner.  With all due respect, John, I
think you misunderstood.

Again, my apologies to all who I have offended, which includes anyone that I
may offend in the future without meaning to.

Ciao for now.

Jeff