Navidad virus

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Navidad virus
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:34:47 EST
No, folks, this one isn't a hoax. It ate my Windows. So watch out for a file
named "Navidad.exe". I know better (well usually) than to download an .exe
file but I got careless because it seemed to be pictures from my nephew. And
let me tell you, the message was not generic like the Melissa virus. It even
used the names of his kids in it. Worrisome.
Anyway, I thought I was fairly compuiter literate but I can't get the
Symantec fix to work. I get "File not found REGEDIT"  when I enter the stated
text at the MS DOS prompt.
In the alternative, they tell me to download the fix but....how do I do that
when I can' t get on line. (I'm on my laptop to to this.) I can dowloand the
fix on this computer to a disk but can I open it from the A prompt in the MS
DOS file?
I'm so sorry to do the non-lbc thing like this but I'm stuck. Can someone
contact me off the list and give me a hint?
Thanks.
Sorry again.

Jim
65 4A