weights & measures

To: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: weights & measures
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:27:52 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <zink@pdq.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Mike Kitchener"
>Thanks for putting me right Larry.How come that US gallons are
smaller than ours? I thought that things were always bigger in the
States.

<

Only the cars are bigger over here.  <big grin>

The US gallon is based on the 16 oz pint and the Imperial gallon is based
on the 20 oz pint.  When we order a pint of beer we get less.

I don't know why our pints are different but remember that the size of a
barrel differs as to whether you are talking about oil or beer.

Dave