Spax vs Koni shocks

To: "INTERNET:Corey_Sherman@lotus.com" <Corey_Sherman@lotus.com>
Subject: Spax vs Koni shocks
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:38:30 -0500
Cc: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Corey_Sherman@lotus.com
>I'm in the processes of purchasing parts for rebuilding my front
suspension, and have two questions for the group...

[] Spax or Koni : share your experiences with me.
[] TRF "Magic Suspension Urethane Kit" : any thoughts?
<

Corey,

I have no experience with Spax but the Koni's work fine for me.  I imagine
that the Spax will perform equally as well and are easier to adjust.

The Urethane bushings are highly recommended.  They hold the supension
geometry more accurately than do the rubber.  One caveat:  Grease the steel
sleeve or else they will squeek.  My TR6 squeeks a bunch since I assembled
them dry but the TR8 doesn't squeek because I lubed the sleeves before I
installed the bushings.  I used a silicone vacuum grease but others have
used copper based anti-sieze compounds and have reported good results.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8