Re: New Bill Piggotts TR4-6 book

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Bill Piggotts TR4-6 book
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:42:45 EST
In a message dated 05-Dec-00 23:30:47 Eastern Standard Time,
CarlSereda@aol.com writes:

> Bill Piggotts 'Original Triumph TR4,4A, 5, 6'
> 2nd 'New Edition' - said to be better than first..
> about 30 more pages than before and 250 mostly new color photos

Carl, the book you mention is the "new edition" to the "Original Triumph TR"
by Bill Piggott.  Piggott's original book (entitled "Original Triumph TR")
included TR2 through TR6's and was printed in 1991.

The "new edition," which you reference was printed in 1998, is entitled
"Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/6" and does NOT include TR2/3/3A/3B.  The ISBN
that you cited is that book.  Anyone who has it needs to know that what you
cited is not a 2nd edition of the 1998 book.

I have both books (1991 &1998) and actually prefer the "Original Triumph TR"
(1991) book containing the early TR info.  I use both books when checking
items about the TR4 and find very little differences in the TR4 section
(except format).  But since all the TR's (2 through 6) were an evolution, I
find that the TR2/3 sections in the earlier 1991 book are a great help in
answering questions.

That said, I understand that it is very difficult to get the earlier book
since it is out of print.  For that reason I also recommend the Piggott's
"Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/6" for owners of those cars.  But be aware that
there is only one edition of that book.  Cheers.

Art Kelly