Re: Paint stripping vs. dipping

To: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Paint stripping vs. dipping
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:35:23 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 2:05 PM
Subject: Paint stripping vs. dipping

> Anyone have any comments on the relative merits of having the entire body
dipped
> as opposed to using the super strength paint remover?  I'm sure the
dipping is
> more expensive but how much more?

Rob:
The price sounds right. I did my Sunbeam Tiger this way about 10 years ago,
and the results were amazing. I used an epoxy primer on all the metal,
visible and hidden  so that corrosion would never bee a problem again. I
used a cheap garden sprayer to get the epoxy primer inside frame rails etc.
More protection than the factory ever thought of.
see my web site for pictures.
http://users.ids.net/~tigerpb/tiger_pages/Page_1x.html

Paul Burr