Re: Portable air compressors

To: Seth Glassman <sells2eat@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Portable air compressors
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:47:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If all you're going to do is PC, Eastwood says you can use one of the small
airbrush compressors like artists use. See Eastwood's Hotcoat site,
http://www.hotcoat.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?HTNAME=/Hotcoat/instructions1.ht
m&UID=2000121211254435

Eastwood sells a Paasche D500 for $150, but Dick Blick Art Supply (
http://www.dickblick.com/categories/compressors/ ) sells the same one for
$120. My son used a Badger 180-11 through 4 years of college and it worked
fine. Got it real cheap at a store going out of business...Blick has 'em for
$227 now.

Don't know how you regulate these things. The Badger doesn't have a
regulator and it appears the Paasche doesn't either. But if Eastwood says
the Paasche is suitable - and they sell 'em - I would assume they're
acceptable. I would say sandblasting with one of these is definitely out of
the question.  :^)

Disclaimers...NFI in either company. Mailordered a drafting stool from Blick
awhile back and was satisfied, but that's about it. Also, watched Fred PC
some parts for me once - never done it myself. BTW, he used a 5-6 HP, 60
gallon Devilbiss, so I guess there's no such thing as too big.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O