Re: TR3B with 'wrong' (TR4) engine

To: staffel@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B with 'wrong' (TR4) engine
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:46:02 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2000 12:35:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
staffel@home.com writes:

> I also noted that the TR3B on e-bay did have the TR3 heater garden hose
>  style water valve, but was 'taken' most by the emissions hoses. Didn't
>  all the TR3's have the breather tube from the block, no vent in the
>  valve cover?

TR3s and most all TR3As, yes. But it seems possible that some late TR3Bs
might have had some "closed" breather system via the vent or port in the
valve cover, particularly those sold in California. I seem to recall that CA
required PCV a year or so -- 1961, perhaps? -- before the rest of the US. My
own (soon to be Brad's, but aren't most Triumphs? :-) ) TR3B has the early
TR4-style valve cover with the brass plug fitted where the vent hose later
was taken off.

--Andy Mace