Re: End of the road for an "OLD" automaker

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: End of the road for an "OLD" automaker
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:49:34 -0800
At 04:42 PM 12/12/2000 -0500, Kevin wrote:
As one who
>drives the Avis rental fleet far more than my own fleet, all I can say is
>"good riddance"! If I never have to drive another brand-new (or heaven
>forbid 20,000 mile) Oldsmofloatmobile again

Kevin,
I drive lots of Avis cars too... I am surprised to be saying this but I
actually half-like the Pontiac GrandAm ... there's probably an Olds
equivalent but I dunno what it is.  Having said that, actually all rentals
are dogs, at least the GM's etc. that I have used.  When I get home it's a
'95 Supra.  Do you think there's a difference?  :-)

BTW my first car was a '61 TR3 in 1965, and I have never owned any American
car.  Just worked out that way.

Glenn  74.5 TR6 X 2
San Diego
PS-- Has any American car company EVER made a hi-beam/lo-beam headlight
switch that doesn't feel like OATMEAL?!!