My Original TR4 AM Radio-Found

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Original TR4 AM Radio-Found
From: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:25:31 -0400
I was out in the Lawn shed this afternoon-getting some Brake fluid- and
stumbled onto, my totally forgotten storage of, my TR's original AM radio.

The case was totally rusty, but the face plate adn red line dial marker
are in fairly good condition. I've just spent the past two hours opening
the case, and getting the 'push buttons' to work. I removed the printed
circuit board to wire brush the rusty mechanism- and actually got the
tunig knob to move the dial fairly well. I went out to an old slide
drawer cabinet, the kind we all have where we store things wee've
rejected for 'the future'; and unbelievably found the  outer chrome
knobs for the radio, but not the black center ones.

>From the radio there three wires: two together like a household lamp
wire, I figure these must be the speaker leads. The other is a single
black wire.

Then I got to thinking- these cars were originally positive ground. (I
only  converted to negative  ground last year, and in the days of the
first FM Stereo and 8 Track units, which were negative ground- I even
then (1970) put the 8track unit it  the insulated cardboard glove box
and hooked it up . (That's were it is right now, and yes it works fine
thank you very much, I have the Woodstock tape in there (gotta Triumph
with the right music), as the TR went to Woodstock, well to the traffic
jam, then to NYC).

'Assuming' I can get this radio to work, was it originally a positive
ground unit? (ART???)

Sherman