Re: Cooling system hose clamps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling system hose clamps
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:07:41 -0800 (PST)
--- John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> wrote:

> ...non-original clamps, claiming VTR
> would deduct marks for this in a concours.

Isn't that what a "concours" is all about -- details?
With all my clamps converted to whatever I had laying
around at the time, and never having entered a
councours competition, if I was a judge, this is
exactly the type of detail I would look for. It's easy
to throw money at blasting, coating, painting and
polishing, but to get the original bits back together
on the car as it left the factory - there's the
challenge isn't it? And when the challenge is met,
points are deserved! In my humble opinion :-)

Holiday Cheers
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718 (now a mouse nest for the winter)
'62 Lotus 7 1135 (hoping the mice pick the GT6)