Re: TR-3A - Anyone replaced front brake pads?

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A - Anyone replaced front brake pads?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:37:08 -0500
John,

I replaced my pads with the ones offered by TRF part # GIGP58 which is the std
pad set for 3, 3A and some 3B. I refrain from the semi-metalic
after having the rotors replaced 3 times in 4 years in my wifes Saturn. The
mechanic said the semi-metalic pads generate extra heat which can cause
the rotors to warp. Saturn has since changed their pads and rotors. I am not
concerned about pad wear since I only drive about 500 miles a season.
These pads will most likely outlast me!
This is just my perference you understand, others on the list might have some
different views.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V