Re: : pinion seal leaking on a GT6 / Spit

To: Ken and Elizabeth <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: : pinion seal leaking on a GT6 / Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:07:00 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken,
Sometimes when the pinion seal is changed, there will be a leak around the
splines (having nothing to do with the pinion seal).  You
can correct this by removing the cotter key, nut and flange and sealing the
splines with a liberal coating or RTV.

If the diff is over filled, it will blow the excess oil out the weep hole in
the back.  So see where it is leaking before doing any
further work on it.

Joe