Re: viewing news groups

To: "Joseph R. Schneider" <joe-schneider@northwestern.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: viewing news groups
From: Daniel Julien <dgjulien@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:15:57 -0600
On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 04:21:43PM -0600, Joseph R. Schneider wrote:
> back before I crossed over to the dark (Wintel) side, I used to look at
> news groups using my Mac... now that I'm on a Wintel machine...
> how do I view (and, I suppose, post) to these things now?

Outlook Express will do it if you are using the Micro$oft suite. Otherwise, I
used to use a pretty nifty freeware program called Free Agent (a free version
of the commercial product called Agent). There are some others out there, too.
A Web site called Stroud's Consummate Winsock Apps <http://cws.internet.com>
is a great source for this kind of program - they have lists sorted by purpose,
popularity, etc., with reviews (1 to 5 star ratings) and download links.

--
Dan Julien
'70 TR6 CC50337L