59 TR3A dimmer switch, final

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 59 TR3A dimmer switch, final
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:15:45 EST
Well,
The existing dimmer switch on my TR3A is looking better and better.  I went
to Auto Zone, Parts America, and Napa and even looked thru their catalogs but
could find nothing that came close to the TR3 headlight dimmer switch.  Went
down to the basement wire brushed the old switch, redrilled the center post
and rivited the switch cap back on.  Checked out the switch with a multi
meter and painted it with aluminum paint.  It should hold together and beats
spending $40-$50 for a new one.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS 58399 (no lights to dip yet, no harness for that matter)