TR3B / TR4 valve covers - conclusion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3B / TR4 valve covers - conclusion
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:14:01 -0000
Listers,

I recieved 13 different responses to my question about the brass plug in the
valve covers on TR3B's and TR4's.

3 TCF cars had the plug (100% of respondents)
8 CT cars had the plug (80% of respondents)
2 CT cars did not have the plug (20% of respondents)

I was kind of surprised to see there were not reponses from TSF owners.
I'm not sure what to make of that....

One of the CT cars that didn't have it has been owned for 30 years by the
same owner and he feels that the car most likely came this way.  The other
was a very early CTcar.

Also, one of the CT cars was originally shipped to Australia and it had the
brass plug.

As usual with a Standard Triumph product it would seem that anything
could be original in this case!

Thanks to all who responded, I tried to reply to everyone that sent me info
but if I missed someone I'm sorry about that!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1967 TR4A - aka Freddie (I'm a co-owner)
1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- Now camber compensated!
1962 TR4 CT288L -- lots & lots of teeny pieces
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (in the barn)
1957 Devin (TR3 based)
1957 TR3 Race Car
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (in the truck)
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108