re:drippy gearbox

To: rstirb@ispchannel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:drippy gearbox
From: Keith Ehrlich <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:38:13 -0500
Aw Rick, you know thats the only way you know there is any oil in there
in the first place. You mess around and you might be watchin' instead of
drivin' this spring.

Keith
74 TR6
no donor car
donor wallet

Folks,
        I was crawling around under the TR6 this weekend and noticed
quite a bit of gear oil drips from the transmission.  It's hard to tell
just
where it's coming from.  As far as I know, this box has 105,000 miles
on it.  It shifts fine.  I suspect the oil seal at the input shaft.  Is
that seal
easy enough to replace once the unit is out of the car?
                Any Help Appreciated,

Regards,
        Rick Barnard
        '73 TR6 restored - CF2570U