Re: Racing colours questions...

To: tr6guy@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing colours questions...
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:04:35 FILETIME=[FFCFB0A0:01C069CC]
>From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Racing colours questions...
>Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:26:25 -0500
>
>Hello to All,
>
>This is from an old post and I thought some of the newer people may be
>interested in the post again PLUS I have a question for anyone out there
>you knows about this sort of thing.  When it says, (US for instance)
>white blue on white, what does that mean?  White blue stripe(s) on a
>white car?  Don't know for sure, anyone out there know the answer?

  Back in the old days (pre WWII) race cars had separate bodies and
  frames. A car's frame was often visible. The two color designation was
  to indicate the frame was to be painted one color and the body was
  painted the other.

  When car bodies enclosed the frame these two color designations
  were reflected in stripes and other methods of displaying the two
  colors. Now, sponsors, not nations are reflected in the color schemes
  displayed on race cars, making them little more than rolling
  billboards.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)