RE: TR6 - Poly on anti-sway bar?

To: "Richard R Olson" <Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 - Poly on anti-sway bar?
From: "Eric Conrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:33:27 -0700
>From my experience:  Take the two poly bushings that fit around the antisway
bar, put them in a dish of water, and microwave them until the water boils.
Quickly take them out to the car's sway bar, and slip them on one at a time.
It works like a charm!

Eric Conrad
'76 TR6
     I am finishing converting all my worn front end rubber bits with
     polyurethane.  All went well, except for the antisway bar.  The old
     rubber slipped off okay, but the new poly is much harder and won't
     slip over the wide flattened ends of the bar.
     TRF tech line says to slice the poly.

     Any second opinions?

     Please reply to my email address since I'm on the digest and for
     some reason my emailer at home won't display it.

     Thanks,
     Rick, who spent last week driving a rental car all over sunny San
     Diego but didn't see a single LBC.  As British Airways says: "Where
     is everybody?"  I thought you SoCal folks drove LBCs 365 days a
     year.