Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter

To: Ken and Elizabeth <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:28:33 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Interesting...you seem to have painted your windshield surround (frame)
>black, as I did. My understanding is that only Mk2s (UK only) had this
>feature, and that all of the GT6+s, like ours, had body color frames. I like
>the look (TR6ish) better too.
*************************************
Actually my understanding is ALL 1970 TR's had the black surround including
the TR6.  I believe it was only the 1970 GT6, and Spitfires that had this
AND only for the 1970 model year.  I can't say for certain whether any
other year (big) TR had this feature but as I mentioned, only the 1970
model year Spitfire and GT had the windshield surround painted black.  I
personally never cared for the look and on my 70 GT I painted mine body
color.  The reason I heard that this was done was to make the windscreen
"appear" larger.  OF course later Spitfires and GT6's got a larger
windscreen and therefore didn't need this treatment anymore :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)