Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:39:28 -0800 (PST)
Yup, I re-painted the surround in about 1990, because
it seemed to have been black originally. Frankly, I
knew nothing about the car at that point except that I
had to keep it running to get to and from school!

Some of my modifications do fall in the DPO category,
as I was the starving, cheap,
hack-it-together-to-keep-it-running kind of guy! It
was only a couple years ago that I replaced the
paper-clip throttle linkage with proper (if not
"correct") ball joints from the local hobby store!

The paper-clip worked fine considering I found it in
the school parking lot when the original linkage
disintegrated and threatened to leave me stranded!

Anyway, hopefully in the long run I'll get a chance to
put other picture of the car up as well!

Holiday Cheers!
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718 (wife wouldn't let me drive it in the
snow)
'62 Lotus 7 (hiding from the snow)
'93 Civic (hanging out with other little dead cars at
the mechanic)
'96 Explorer (aargh, I had to drive THAT today!)