TR6 off to the shop...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 off to the shop...
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:39:26 -0330
Well, my darling little TR6 dazzled a few young (19-20 YO) lads yesterday.
The lads are friends of a student of mine who I asked to round up to help me
push my car out of the shed so it can be towed to the shop.  The lads LOVED
the car.  I don't know what they would have thought if the car actually had
the wheel trim rings attached, the air dam fastened, the doors on, the dash
in, and the seats present!  Probably they would have peed on every tire.

I also showed them the engine ("Oooh!  Ahhhh!") without mentioning the fact
the engine is shot which is why they're helping me push it out of the shed
in the first place.

So in two hours the TR6 will start her Christmas holidays by arriving at the
hospital for a lengthy stay and undergoing major surgery.  Although we in
Canada have socialized medicare, it doesn't apply to LBCs.  Nonetheless I'm
confident things will go well.

And I hope things go well for all of you folks on the list who were so
helpful and patient with me and my often inane questions.  I'm off on
Christmas break now so will not be accessing my computer very often.

So seasons greetings to all and may your LBCs find nice little gifts under
the tree.
Sincerely,
Frank
73 TR6 ("I bet she goes some fast, Frank."  "Fast!?  Fast doesn't begin to
describe it.")