Re: Fender Bead

To: justin@bexel.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fender Bead
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:09:34 EST
I am not sure if the following method is correct, but it is how I installed
the bead on my TR3A.

1.    Loosely install all wing (fender) fasteners.

2.    Install wing beading, concetrate tabs where needed most to pull bead to
wing.

3.    Tighten fasteners only up to where you feel some resistance.

4.    Using vice grips(where space permits) pull tabs until bead fits snugly
against the
       wing, and without letting go, bend the tab up.

5.    Adjust the wings and beading where necessary and snug up all of the
fasteners.

6.    This sounds much easier than it really is, it took me three nights and
a lot of
       colorful adjectives to complete the job.  The first night I walked
away from the job
       in frustration, only to find on the second night that the "bead
fairies" didn't finish
       any of the work that I left for them.

Good Luck,

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS 58399  (still trying to get air out of silicon filled brake lines)