TR6 Metal Fascia Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Metal Fascia Removal
From: AndyJS1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:23:38 EST
Somehow, the steering wheel assembly has to be removed in order to then
remove the metal fascia.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  The Bentley
manual talks about using a tool S3600, about which I have no idea of the
appearance, to remove the steering hub.  I can probably design some kind of
fixture on which to hook a puller if necessary.  Prying is out of the
question as the metal involved is soft.  The Haynes manual describes taking
out the entire hub assembly and column as a unit, if I, and I am not sure
that I do, understand their instructions.

Before I spend many hours possibly going down the wrong track, advice from
those who have done this will be greatly appreciated!

Andy Schwarz
Renton, WA