Re: stone chip in windshield: repairable?

To: lgmtr6@juno.com
Subject: Re: stone chip in windshield: repairable?
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:09:14 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/27/00 11:07:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lgmtr6@juno.com writes:

<< I have seen the "repaired" windscreens. It looks like someone put a blob
 of glue over the damaged part and buffed it out a little. Not very
 pretty. If you don't mind that go for the fix, otherwise, you can still
 get TR windshields at local glass shops for less than $125 (at least here
 in So. Fla you can).

I had a different experience but I imagine the skill level (or
conscientiousness) of the repair person varies widely. When I had this done
on my 87 Corvette, I was quite pleased with the result. I won't claim it was
invisible on close inspection, but you did have to look closely to notice it.

Jim
65 4A