RE: philosphy

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: philosphy
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:07:19 -0600
Cc: "'TeriAnn Wakeman'" <twakeman@cruzers.com>, "'Bill & Skip Pugh'" <anabil@caltel.com>
allowed to run at last year's Monterey Historics, denominated as a "Daytona

And Bill Pugh wrote:

>I agree whole heartedly with Terri, the Daytona Cobra was the "Real
>Deal" check this webpage:      http://www.montereyhistoric.com/group5b.html

[Which does indeed show Bill Murray's car #13, described as a 4779cc Daytona
Coupe, CSX 2299]
______________________________

Oh ye of little faith . . . !

 :-)

The Monterey Historics web page Bill refers to is page 1 of a 2 page list of
entrants in the Group 5B race. Take a look at page 2 :

http://www.montereyhistoric.com/group5b2.html

where you'll find car #98, a 5000cc "Cobra Daytona" with the designation "R"
instead of "CSX____"
And, if you take a look at the RESULTS of the Group 5B race:

http://www.montereyhistoric.com/results2000_5b.html

It turns out that the race was WON by car #98, identified as a "Cobra
Daytona R", driven by John Morton.

Not, of course, that this has anything whatever to do with Triumphs . . .

Jim Hill