Re: tr3 steering box

To: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Subject: Re: tr3 steering box
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:00:48 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave :

The side of the bracket mount nearest the radiator is supposed to have
3/8-24 captive nuts welded to it.  (Normally, there are actually 3
captive nuts, but only 2 are used at a time.  The other pair is used to
mount the steering box on a RHD car.)  The holes through the bracket are
slightly oversize, to allow some movement for alignment.  (This
alignment isn't so important if you use the original rubber silentblocs,
but becomes important if you use the brass/steel ones.)

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver