Re: tr3 steering box

To: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Subject: Re: tr3 steering box
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:22:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave,

The part on the frame where the trunnion bracket attaches should be threaded on
the inside (facing the radiator). You should be able to see the nuts welded to
the frame attachment. I am not sure what the thread size is but 3/8 sounds
about right. I believe it is a NF thread size. If your frame is not threaded,
the DPO must have drilled them out. I think it would be best to cut the old
nuts off and replace with a spot weld or braze.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V