Mystery Bolt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery Bolt
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:53:27 EST
Jim,
you may be refering to the adjustment bolt for the gas pedal. You can adjust
it to perfectly coincide with your carb linkage so you not pounding the heck
out of your nylon cross shaft bushings, ball links, etc.

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L

From: Ct54531@aol.com

In putting the carpeting into the 65 4A, I came across a bolt in the bulkhead
that has no apparent purpose and of which I have no recollection of seeing
before. It is on the bulkhead, the head of the bolt on the inside in a direct
straight line forward from the accelerator pedal. It is (presently) attached
to nothing and I don't recall unattaching anything from it (though that
doesn't mean I didn't. I've been working this resto for about 2 1/2 years
now. The bolt protrudes into the bulkhead and into the engine compartment
through a welded nut. It sits under the steering column in a recess in the
bulkhead the bottom of which is roughly parallel to -- and right next to --
the top of the AC fuel pump.
Anybody know  what this bolt was/is for?

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L<<