Re: front brake calipers -- stuck

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: front brake calipers -- stuck
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:24:41 +0000
Cc: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ed,
If they are the GT6 calipers (like mine), I experienced the same thing when I
developed a leak and had to rebuild one.

OPne of mine came out ok using air pressure, but the other one did not and with
one out there is no way to force air into the unit.

So what I did is use a couple of screwdrivers to carefully move the piston out
using the groove as a leveraging point.  working one on
each side and a lot of patience gradually got the thing to come out.

I was surprised how shiny the piston was after it came out.

I hope this helps!

Joe