Re: Brake mystery 59 TR3A

To: Sheila Crockett <sheilac@direct.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake mystery 59 TR3A
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 20:16:24 -0400
I had the same problem, except I couldn't even drive mine. After I bled the
brakes, I tried pumping the pedal a few times to make sure there were no
leaks and that I had good pedal pressure. After a few pumps, the front
brakes locked. I never tried just letting them sit to see if the pressure
would bleed off - I assume that would mean a leak somewhere.

I never did figure it out! Wound up removing the check valve and haven't had
a problem since. Obviously, they put it there for a reason, but...

Sorry I can only offer commiseration and no help, but if you figure this
out, I'd love to know what you did. Good luck!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry
(and my wife!)