Re: Brake mystery 59 TR3A

To: sheilac@direct.ca
Subject: Re: Brake mystery 59 TR3A
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:15:29 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I also have had this problem on both my TR3B and my TR4.  I ended up taking
all the guts out of the restrictor valve that sits on top of the the five way
union.  As I remember there is a spring and a plunger in there.  It is meant
to keep the front caliper pads close to the disks as they wear.  I tried a
couple of different used valves on the TR4 with no luck.  The valves are NLS
so you really have very few options.  I think if you keep relatively new pads
in there you will be alright.  I have had no problems with the Three or the
Four although the pedals are a we bit softer.
Darrell
63 TR3B Powder Blue
62 TR4 Spa White