Re: Speedvision

To: brashears@hughes.net
Subject: Re: Speedvision
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:27:35 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/2/2001 7:11:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brashears@hughes.net writes:

> Did anyone else catch the story about the design and development of the TR6?
> Designed by an Italian firm using the TR250 frame.

OK, I'm confused. I didn't think Karmann was an Italian firm! Now Giovanni
Michelotti, who designed the original TR4/4A/250/5 -- HE was Italian. And
what Karmann Studios did was to essentially "reskin" the front and rear of
the car, leaving largely unchanged the center body structure, including the
doors, cockpit, cowlings and windshield frame.

There's a lot more to the story, of course...far too much to go into here
(and I'd have to look a lot of it up anyway :-) ).

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register
<www.vtr.org>