EB Phone Home...or CT 4004 E where are you?

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: EB Phone Home...or CT 4004 E where are you?
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:27:04 -0700
Hi Everyone,

I know it's a long shot but...If anyone has an Engine Block with CT 4004 E
stamped on it, we need to talk!

You have the original engine block for my 62 TR4, CT 3898 L.

I just got the Build Certificate from BMIHT for my TR4 racer. I found out it
was originally Signal red with red leather interior, white hood & tonneau
and white wall tyres...very sporty looking, I imagine!

The car was not originally supplied with overdrive but the OD gearbox I now
have is a very close number to the car - CT 4234.

I also found the TR4 had been built almost 3 years to the day, earlier than
my 65 TR4A. January 31, 1962 for the TR4 and January 27, 1965 for the TR4A.

I was built in 1962 as well! I'll strap on my 1962 Accutron Railroad
Approved watch and I'll have a matched set when racing the TR4 some day in
the future.

You can tell I am just a happy camper to get some more info on my cars. The
BMIHT Certificate is well worth the investment!

Cheers,

Brad