Re: EB Phone Home...or CT 4004 E where are you?

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EB Phone Home...or CT 4004 E where are you?
From: "Tinker Mechanic" <speedbuggy65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:11:04 -0400 FILETIME=[743F0400:01C0BD64]
Hey . . .I have that engine in my TR-4!!!

How much you want to pay for it?  It runs sweet!

Actually, I'm just kidding.
Sorry . . .just being a little bit of a smart ass.
If you are willing to pay big bucks. . . I can get you an early 4 engine with
that number stamped on it. . .

Why worry if it is the original engine or not?

No one will know if it is unless you display the certificate with the car.
Probably no one would know then either.
Triumph folks know that engine numbers, body numbers and Comm. numbers don't
match, so they don't bother looking at them like the Corvette freaks.

A racecar?
Any racecar I see with an orginal engine probably hasn't been raced too hard.

my $.02

Of course if you weren't serious about looking for the original engine, and
just wanted to share your joy with the list. . . . then maybe I shouldn't have
sent this e-mail