Re: 1500 pinion seal ??

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 pinion seal ??
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:48:28 +0100
Hi Walt
The cover was there to distinguish two types of fixing, I think it goes
something like the early cars had a diff with shims and a castellated nut
and no cover, the later cars have a collapsible spacer, nyloc nut and a
cover, the covers are available from some suppliers, bought one recently for
a Dolomite diff, think I got it from Mick Dolphin, (it was for a Sprint so
may be a different size).

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon