Inexpensive insulation material?

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: Inexpensive insulation material?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:16:55 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Boothroyd, Frank"
>Truffles (73 TR6) is coming along well and she'll be ready to cruise in a
month or so.  By which time I will have about completely used up all
available cash on her.  So my question is this: what is the Cheapest, Most
Inexpensive material one can possibly scrounge up to use for under-carpet
insulation?  I'm more concerned about noise insulation than heat - but
maybe
that's because we've still got three feet of snow on the ground.

So... piles of old newspapers maybe?  Grass clippings?  Raked leaves?
Telephone books?  Or do home carpet stores sell something (cheap) that
would
do the trick?

<

Frank,

Use all your long underwear since you won't be needing them until driving
season is over.

Dave