Re:leaking front crankshaft seal

To: Noah.Freeman@Bain.com, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:leaking front crankshaft seal
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 21:08:43 -0400
  Noah,
            first thing I'd do is put a dial indicator on the end of the
shaft, rotate the shaft, and see if it's bent...
Then go from there. With the fan and extension removed you should have
ample room for this simple check.
   Also, if it actually does need a crankshaft, and if they're
comparable in price to a TR6, it shouldn't cost over a couple hundred
bucks with exchange, or even for a new one...course, that's not counting
"the rest" of the story.
    Good luck
PS  hey listers, I hope for his sake we're not going into another BFH
thread ...........
Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club
76 TR6.....ready for paint