Re: leaking front crankshaft seal

To: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Subject: Re: leaking front crankshaft seal
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 00:10:49 -0700
Cc: Noah.Freeman@Bain.com, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
KTnKT wrote:

> PS  hey listers, I hope for his sake we're not going into another BFH
> thread ...........

In fact, Kevin, that's how those in the know straighten cranks. (!) But,
you have to know where to whack it, and just how much. And, most times,
it still requires a fair amount of grinding to get the crank true, so if
another crank is available at reasonable cost, that's usually the better
way to proceed.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.