Great All British Car Show

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Great All British Car Show
From: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 19:04:14 -0400
Saturday April 7, went to the 17th Annual All British Car (and Cycle) show
in Winter Park, FL held at Fleet Peeple's Park at Lake Baldwin.

My friend and I drove over in his restored '66 Sunbeam Tiger (Mediterranean
Blue color).

There were over 175 entries (including about 10 motorcycles). Plus a few
more non-entry cars parked in the park. (Even a Rolls Royce pained with
flames like a street rod!).

As best I can recall, there were:
4 TR3
1 TR3B
4 Sunbeam Tiger
1 Sunbeam Alpine
1 Allard (with a photo of it being rally raced in what looked like the
Italian Alps)
A bunch of Austin Mini's
A bunch of TR6
3 TR8
A bunch of Jag's ranging from XK, a Saloon tourning car, a 1950's era racing
car that raced at Daytona in 1960
A bunch of MG (TD's, TF, MGB, GT6, more)
TR250
A bunch of Morgans, including a 1999 Morgan (with driver's side airbag and
Rover engine)
A few Lotus (including a Lotus 7 replicar)
Triumph and BSA motorcycles
and more....

As far as we could tell, every car was driven to the park. On our way in,
the last couple miles, we followed behind a red (kitcar) Bugatti replicar
and were followed by an MGB.

Quite a nice day to drive over in top-down car.
Hope some of you were able to attend.

Roy
'60 TR3 TS63103LO (in restoration)
techman@metrolink.net