TR6 panels

To: "STEVE ROHAL" <SROHAL@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: TR6 panels
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 12:24:06 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "STEVE ROHAL"
>Just painted my TR6 body panels off car and am now reinstalling them. My
question; Did they or should they have some sort of sealer between panels
or
should I just butt them to body and bolt? Thanks for your help!
<

Steve,

The most important thing is to get a good coat of paint on the mating
surfaces - which is something the factory did not do - so that what ever
water does get into the seam doesn't cause the dreaded tin worm.

Next, there are several things that you can put into this seam.  I used
window putty (from the hardware store) but it has an off-white color to it
that contrasts with the Truimph white paint on the fenders.  Don't use seam
sealer or you'll never get them back off.

Dave