was Bad Carpet.. now what?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: was Bad Carpet.. now what?
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:36:28 -0400
I don't want to be overly critical of the TRF organization- but I am not all
that surprised that
they were unwilling to go the extra kilometer for this rather lengthy carpet
evaluation period....
         I called them today to get some tuneup parts for the 3A.....  They
have no stock on distrib caps,  no stock on point sets, no useful air
filters,  but they did have Walnut Shift Knobs.  They could not even tell me
when stock would be arriving, and seemed annoyed that I would ask.  Perhaps
they can sell cassette tapes of motor noises so I can roll the car out in
the driveway and just pretend.   I was so P###ed off,  I fired off an Email
to Skinner ordering a rugset and some other items. I had fully intended to
give TRF the rug order, til now.  I wonder whether Skinners carpets will
arrive before TRF's shift knob. ( BTW I have been a TRF customer since 1984)

Harrumphh....
Bob Westerdale
59 3A  TS36967

Andy M. Wrote->
Forgive me, Paul; this is neither a "bashing" of you or a "blind-faith
defense" of TRF. But after waiting nearly a year and a half, you're
disappointed that this is the best satisfaction you could get? Perhaps I'm
missing (or misunderstanding) something, or perhaps you left out some
details?