oil filters really necessary?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil filters really necessary?
From: "Accumap Services Ltd." <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:15:22 -0700
When I had my TR4A engine rebuilt in 1976 by a "Standard" trained mechanic.
I asked him why there was no oil filter on my 1958 GMC panel truck engine.
He said I had a car engine in that truck and the manufacturer figured you
don't need a filter if you change the oil every 1500 miles since it's not
doing much work.

Point is: if you aren't pushing your engine and change the filter regularly
you don't need an expensive one. Unless of course you have enough money to
not worry about a few dollars difference. My 4A engine is still fine, thank
you very much and I always by what's cheap.

Red Ruffensore

 - Deep Thoughts -
Is there anything more beautiful than
a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying