Won't start when hot

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Won't start when hot
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:16:01 -0400
I had the engine rebuilt in my 74 TR6 and it seems to run fine except it
won't restart when the engine is hot.  It starts fine when cold, runs fine
while warming up, except for a misfire once in awhile.  It runs fine when
hot, but when you shut it off, it will not refire until it cools off for
about 30 minutes.  This has happened twice now.  The first time I thought I
flooded it by putting the choke on when it didn't start right away.  This
time I did not put the choke on, but it still seemed to be flooded.

It is a stock engine with all the US pollution controls.  I checked the
vacuumn lines,  wire connections.  The chokes are completely off.  The rear
carb jet may be sticking, but I had trouble with that before and it always
started.  The coil was replaced.

I am thinking this is a fuel problem.  Could the misfiring indicate the
timing is off enough to cause this problem?  Any ideas?

Jay
74TR6