Addco Sway Bars and EDPM Roofing in Triumphs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Addco Sway Bars and EDPM Roofing in Triumphs
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:39:02 EDT
>I have purchased an ADDCO sway bar for my 1960 TR3A.  The bar is
>supposed to attach to the front bumper support.  How do you attach
>the bar to the supports?
>
>  James Fowler

Addco Swaybar Installation: My experience with this is that the Addco swaybar
does not easily adapt to the front members. Fabrication of additional
brackets made the installation much nicer. It required some cutting, bending
and welding, but the results were nice. I get to do it again as I had
accident, but not at that stage again. The key is to add a bracket that will
align itself with the swaybar....this could be done in a number of
configurations...I'll bet others have done this and can share their
approaches.

More Sharing Information:  While I am at it....following the construction of
the Coventry Carriage House, I had a fair amount of EDPM roofing material
left. I adapted it quite nicely as the seal material for the transmission
cover and then decided it would make nice floor material before putting the
carpeting in.  It is very strong, easy to clean, and cuts easily  with a good
scissors...I will likely find other uses for it before I am done.

(Dan Buettner, the next time you are here, I will show you what I have
done...and you are welcome to some of that material, if you choose to use)

Joe Alexander
Cedar Falls, Iowa