High Idle in TR3A - SUs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: High Idle in TR3A - SUs
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:34:11 EDT
After fighting high idle for a very long time, I finally took everything
apart and inspected it.

The cause was a lack of the butterfly seating (not centralised). I backed off
the little brass screws...finding a very tight fit on the butterfly, likely
what led me down this path, I fiddled with it until it was correct. Nice
metallic sound when butterfly hits correctly.

I had done all kinds of things to bring idle down and only masked it. Ended
up with car that did not perform as it should and it affected my gas mileage.
My lack of patience has done little for my self esteem.

Subsequent restart of the engine and setting the idle....it was absolutely
wonderful.

Joe Alexander