Re: National Tartan Day-Reply #2 With Egg on face

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, Rosspemlee@aol.com
Subject: Re: National Tartan Day-Reply #2 With Egg on face
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:34:24 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
In a message dated 4/9/01 10:29:53 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> Och aye, and my Dirk and  my Skean Dhu as weeel! (the reason Scots carry
> so
> many knives is they can't shoot worth a damn)

Being a fan of action novels...and for the life of me the authors's name wont
come to me, but the hero is Dirk Pitt, and both the author and hero of the
novels collect classic cars...but his dad (the authors'..the real guy) was a
foot soldier in WWII, on the German side.  He quoted his dad as saying they
didn't mind fighting any of the allies untill they heard bagpipes and we
facing the lads in skirts...

RH...of course he said it much better than I remember it....