Spit O/D tranny rebuild needed

To: <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, <nass@egroups.com>
Subject: Spit O/D tranny rebuild needed
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:34:40 -0400
Alrighty then .... I need a good source for rebuilding
a Spit 1500 tranny (clunky syncros).
I don't want to have to ship it half way across the country.
I'm looking for someone in the Baltimore/Washington area.
Any MD / VA / PA area shops have a good reputation?
any experiences from anyone on the lists?

I know you can buy kits to rebuild them yourself but how do you
know what shim thickness you might need, or the proper
gear ratios? (reverse had two (3?) different ratios avail)
(Midget /Spit 1500 trannies have different ratios as well)

How about 'hardened' gears? worth it or just hype?

Any comments are much appreciated.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com