RE: Unisyn flow meter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Unisyn flow meter
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:29:49 -0700
Harvey :

First of all, they are by no means necessary.  I've been tuning my own SUs
for over 25 years, and I've never used a Uni-syn or equivalent.

Second, Moss sells an equivalent tool P/N 386-200, $29.95 .  I've only got
an old (98) TRF Glovebox Companion handy, but it lists a Uni-syn as P/N CAT2
for $31.95 ($29.00 on sale).

Moss also sells a reproduction of the original SU tool kit, which includes a
better (IMO) synchronizer tool.  P/N 386-300 $18.95  TRF probably has them
too, but I don't see them in the Companion.  Try calling them at
1-800-234-1104 (or 1-814-446-4444 if you can't call 1-800 numbers).  The
original tool lets you check the synchronization throughout the throttle
range, instead of only at idle (like the Uni-syn).  I usually find that
there is a slight discrepancy, which I like to adjust out.  The tool kit
should also include instructions.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver